Re: Octal in embedded system

From: Rahman Mohamud Faisal MOORABY
Subject: Re: Octal in embedded system
Date: Sat Nov 16 06:27:40 2002

Hi All

Thanks for the good responses. First of all this is just a personal project (not commercial). What I was really planning was to have a sound system (on top of linux) for my old car. The Idea was that I can store music on a hard disk as well as reading from cds. MP3 was just an idea. I like the ogg format very much now and as a GNU fan I think that's what I'll use. I was thinking of using octal as the interface (frequency domain manipulation and so on , and display of waveforms). I know little about octal (since I only got to know it) but I'd like to use it somehow (if not in this project maybe in other ones). I know this is a very ambitious project of mine but I am very keen to do it and time is not the issue. About the hardware side I am confident about it. One other thing, of course I will definitely need ALSA and JACK. Again thanks a lot about your responses and tell me what you think about my project.

Faisal Mooraby ...