qemu-devel

Re: stable-8.1.1: which bug do we keep?

From: Richard Henderson
Subject: Re: stable-8.1.1: which bug do we keep?
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2023 10:24:02 -0700

On 9/20/23 16:45, Michael Tokarev wrote:
20.09.2023 12:17, Daniel P. Berrangé wrote:
Since the 2nd series is shown to still be broken in some cases
and 1st is thought to solve them all, IMHO it feels like we
should just press ahead with applying the the 1st series to
git master, and then stable.

If we still want a cleaner solution, it can be reverted/replaced
later once someone figures out an option that addresses all the
problems. We shouldn't leave such a big regression in TCG unfixed
for so long while we figure out a cleaner option.

Daniel, you have a very good point here.

I just collected the first version of Richard's fixes (with Phil's
changes and tags), added them to qemu debian package and pushed that
one out, - debian has much wider CI than qemu has, hopefully it will
clear things out.

Thanks for that.  Any surprises?

The timing of all this has been poor, coming just before I've been away for a few weeks. I plan to get the can_do_io patch set upstreamed soon.

r~