shopsuite-dev

[ShopSuite-dev] CVS repository state

From: Davi Leal
Subject: [ShopSuite-dev] CVS repository state
Date: Sun, 3 Mar 2002 20:25:55 +0100

Changes has been committed to The Savannah CVS repository. You can see the
ChangeLog at
http://savannah.gnu.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs/*checkout*/shopsuite/source/ChangeLog?rev=HEAD&content-type=text/plain

--
Sun Mar  3 20:13:25 CET 2002  Davi Leal  <address@hidden>

        The goal of this commit is migrating from postgresql 7.1 to 7.2
        so as to be able to use conditional NOTIFYs, which will be used
        at next commits to implement the n-tier support, that is to
        say, automatic GUI updating from the Data Base state change:
        insert, delete, update. Using 7.1 we get the below error:

        > test=# DELETE FROM prod WHERE id=1;
        > ERROR:  Conditional NOTIFY is not implemented

        From <address@hidden>:
        7.2 allows this, as did 7.0 and before.
        Conditional NOTIFY still isn't implemented, but you'll get an
        unconditional notify instead (ie, NOTIFY whether or not any
        rows match the DELETE's WHERE condition).  This was the
        unintentional behavior of older releases.  It was "fixed" in
        7.1, but people complained; the not-quite-correct behavior is
        more useful than no behavior at all.

        * source/config.h.top: Migration from postgresql 7.1 to 7.2
        * rational/rational.c: Migration from postgresql 7.1 to 7.2
        * /README: Added the section 'Software requirements'.

Sun Mar  3 15:24:03 CET 2002  Davi Leal  <address@hidden>

        * source/shopDB.cpp: Clarifying a 'fprintf(stderr' output
        message.
        * /README: Updating according to the modification in the
        shopDB.cpp file.
        Minor details to access the CVS server.