soc-projects-mentors

[Soc-projects-mentors] Final evaluation deadline approaches

From: Rodrigo Rodrigues da Silva
Subject: [Soc-projects-mentors] Final evaluation deadline approaches
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2011 13:17:02 +0200

Dear GNU/GSoC mentors and students,

the final evaluation deadline is *August 26 19:00 UTC*. You can already
submit your mentor/student evaluations on Melange.

Please remember that if for any reason you (mentor) don't submit your
evaluation your student will formally fail and won't get paid, and there
are no exceptions (not even if you mess time zones and try to submit it
30 secs after the deadline).

Therefore, I advise you to do it as soon as possible. Almost all
students have already submitted their mentor evaluations so far.

I also kindly ask you to reply this message with a
no-more-than-2-paragraph comment on your overall soc experience,
including the outcome of your project, your experience with your
mentor/student, your respective communities, the organization
administrators (us) and google. I will share your experiences in a
lightning talk at the upcoming GNU Hackers Meeting this weekend in
Paris. Feel free to post to the list as well if you wish so.

It's been my first year in the role of org-admin. It was a very hard but
rewarding task. I think that Thomas and Paolo, who helped me a lot as
co-admins, second me.

We obviously made some mistakes, and we hope to improve our
participation in SoC next year. Feel free to make any comments,
criticisms or suggestions regarding this specific topic.

happy hacking,

--
Rodrigo Rodrigues da Silva

http://garoa.net.br