Possible security problem

From: C David Rigby
Subject: Possible security problem
Date: Thu, 6 Oct 2022 10:38:01 -0400

I've lurked on social-discuss for years, but had never tried to use it until I read Administrator de Gnusocial.net's response to RJ Fuller. Thinking to myself that there might finally be some social network environment really committing to avoiding such unpleasantness, I followed the link to set up an account, finally.

When I went to check the email confirmation link I saw that what I had received instead was what appeared be a spam message. Only as I reflexively clicked unsubscribe did it occur to me that I may have been spear-phished.

I hope it's an unlikely coincidence or strictly my problem, but I wanted to alert you all just in case.