swarm-announce

[Swarm Announce] Swarm participates in Google Summer of Code

From: Rick Riolo
Subject: [Swarm Announce] Swarm participates in Google Summer of Code
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2007 13:22:52 -0400

Swarm Development Group has been accepted as a participating
organization for the Google Summer of Code 2007. Students accepted to
the program can get paid by Google to spend the summer doing code
development related to Swarm.

This program could produce some major improvements in Swarm, but will be
most likely to succeed if we work hard to recruit talented and
interested students. Please pass this information on to anyone who might
know good students and encourage them to help us recruit.

Students must apply between today and March 24, so please act quickly.

Information on Summer of Code is at: http://code.google.com/soc/
and: http://code.google.com/support/bin/topic.py?topic=10442

We posted a list of ideas for work on Swarm at:
http://www.swarm.org/wiki/Swarm:_IdeasList
If you would like to add ideas, please post them to the Swarm support
email list.

Steve Railsback
Swarm Development Group

ps  The Center for the Study of Complex Systems (CSCS) at Univ Michigan
 also has a couple of SoC projects.  If you have students
 who might be interested, have them check our ideas page off
 our listing on the SoC page:
    http://code.google.com/soc/

Rick Riolo                           address@hidden
Center for the Study of Complex Systems (CSCS)
323 West Hall
University of Michigan         Ann Arbor MI 48109-1107
Phone: 734 763 3323                  Fax: 734 763 9267
http://cscs.umich.edu/~rlr