swarm-announce

[Swarm Announce] Announcing SwarmFest 2007!!

From: announce
Subject: [Swarm Announce] Announcing SwarmFest 2007!!
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2007 14:00:10 -0800

Swarm Development Group is pleased to announce SwarmFest 2007, our 11th
annual conference of agent-based modelers and users of Swarm and other
agent-based modeling (ABM) platforms www.swarm.org/wiki/Swarm:_SwarmFest. The dates will be *July 13-14*,
with training classes and workshops on July 12 and/or 15.

SwarmFest is an interdisciplinary, informal conference that provides the
opportunity to present and discuss innovative modeling work and tools
and techniques for ABM. We especially encourage presentation of work
that may be too new, esoteric, or methods-oriented for other scientific
forums. Swarm Development Group also uses SwarmFest to gather feedback
from the modeling community on development and support priorities.

This year we have an exciting location: DePaul University's
"Loop" campus in the heart of downtown Chicago. Our hosts will be Steve
Lytinen and colleagues at DePaul's School of Computer Science,
Telecommunications, and Information Systems www.cti.depaul.edu. In
recent years, Chicago has become one of America's most livable and
lively urban centers. The summer weather is often excellent, with the
midwest heat tempered by cool breezes from Lake Michigan.

Among the amenities close to our location are:
*Chicago's lakefront with its parks, beaches, museums, etc;
*The Art Institute www.artic.edu/aic/, one of the best art museums in
the country;
*Outdoor art and free concerts at the new Millenium Park
www.millenniumpark.org;
*The famous Michigan Avenue shopping district; and
*The near north side's dining and nightlife.

Access from O'Hare and Midway airports is via an easy, inexpensive train
ride.

Housing options will include inexpensive dormitory rooms and discounts
at several hotels, including the historic Palmer House
http://www1.hilton.com/en_US/hi/hotel/CHIPHHH-The-Palmer-House-Hilton-Illinois/index.do.

We are expecting to have several training classes available on Thursday,
July 12; and regular presentation sessions on the 13-14th. We will also
have a poster session.

The official call for papers will be circulated soon. It will include
deadlines for submitting abstracts, and registration costs and deadlines.

Questions should be addressed to: address@hidden
This announcement is also at: www.swarm.org/wiki/SwarmFest2007

Steve Railsback for the SDG Board of Directors