swarm-support

Re: Swarm Journal

From: Evelyn L. Brannon
Subject: Re: Swarm Journal
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 1997 12:49:56 -0700

Benedikt Stefansson wrote:

> ...what really attracted me to the idea in the first place was the fact
> that a regular newsletter, gazette, journal, whatever with articles and
> papers about Swarm and ABM could help to focus discussion within this
> fledgling community.

> be noted that so far the reaction has been rather underwhelming which
> would indicate that this proposed gazette could be stillborn.

For those of us working away from Hive Central, finding someone to
review our efforts can present difficulties.  Colleagues in my
discipline know the ideas behind the model but can't evaluated the
simulation design.  I will attempt to publish in my discipline and have
laid some groundwork for that by putting on "special topics" sessions on
ABM for my colleagues at conferences.  It would be great to publish
first within the Swarm community and to have reviewers critique the
effort as part of the process of refining the ideas and approach.  I
hate reading (negative) reviews but I never fail to see something new, a
way to improve either my method or presentation.  I see some real
benefits in a gazette or journal with some sytematic review process
(editorial board, etc.).

Evelyn

   with "help" in the body of the message.