swarm-support

[Swarm-Support] Swarm on Mac OS X 10.3

From: Darren Schreiber
Subject: [Swarm-Support] Swarm on Mac OS X 10.3
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2004 21:12:48 -0500

It has been a couple of years since I have done any work in Swarm, but I am interested in getting some of my models up and running again. I downloaded and used the installer to install the Swarm2.2p package (a HUGE thanks to Bill for his work on porting!)

But, I am a bit unclear where to go next.

1. Did the installer put in a binary or do I need to compile? If so, what are the steps for compiling it?

2. Where can I find the latest copy of heatbugs or any of the other canonical swarm apps? I know Savannah is having problems and I didn't see them on Bill's temporary site.

3. What are Mac folks using for their development environment? When I was using Swarm on LinuxPPC and on Windows I was doing it through emacs. That was a long time ago though and a lot of my memory on using those has faded.

I'm certain I will have more questions as I try to get back into this, so patience is deeply appreciated.

        Darren