Re: [Taler] e-postage redux

From: Florian Dold
Subject: Re: [Taler] e-postage redux
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2016 23:59:10 +0200

Hi hellekin,

as you already pointed out, the scalability argument in the text you
linked is not very strong and rather hand-wavy.

But I think the malware argument is even weaker:  Why would you care
about your cheap-ish postage stamps being wasted when you device is
infected by malware?  I'd be way more worried about my credit card
details, my private keys, my browsing history, my online shopping
accounts, my electricity bill (bitcoin mining!), ...

I do agree that users will hate micropayments, but that concern might go
away when they can actually do other useful things with these
micropayments, as opposed to just being allowed to send mail.

- Florian