Re: [Taler] Fault attacks on RSA in libgcrypt

From: Werner Koch
Subject: Re: [Taler] Fault attacks on RSA in libgcrypt
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2016 15:25:36 +0200

On Mon, 22 Aug 2016 19:42, address@hidden said:

> I implemented the protection against fault attacks recommended in
> "Making RSA-PSS Provably Secure Against Non-Random Faults" by Gilles
> Barthe, François Dupressoir, Pierre-Alain Fouque, Benjamin Grégoire,

I do not have the time to read that paper right now.  We recently had a
similar thing with gpgv and dpkg and it was not clear whether we can do
anything about it anyway.

Wouldn't a signature verification after creation catch that fault?

Shalom-Salam,

   Werner

 /* Join us at OpenPGP.conf  <https://openpgp-conf.org> */