Re: [Taler] Exporting coins out of the wallet plugin

From: Marcello Stanisci
Subject: Re: [Taler] Exporting coins out of the wallet plugin
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2017 13:52:21 +0200

With this feature in place, there is no way to be 100% sure
about wallet's 'abdication' on exported coins.  In other words,
since "owning a coin" means owning a private key, we cannot be sure
that the wallet actually removes that private key from disk, after
coin exportation.

So the coins sharing must always occur between trusted parties.  Unless,
and some "crypto person" may help here, the wallet can export some
"refresh permission" on the exported coins so that the person that gets
it can obatin new private keys for the coin she received from wallet
exportation.

- Marcello