[Taler] Wallet architecture: browser plugin or system resource?

From: David Seaward
Subject: [Taler] Wallet architecture: browser plugin or system resource?
Date: Tue, 05 Sep 2017 12:45:45 +0200

Hi,

I wanted to confirm my understanding of the user's wallet:

1. Currently, each device has its own wallet. So my phone wallet and my
laptop wallet are distinct.

2. In the future, there may be a mechanism to synchronise wallets. At
this point my phone and laptop could share the same wallet.

3. In the current implementation, does the wallet operate solely as a
browser plugin, or is a shared system resource?

One way of understanding this: if I use two browsers on the same
device, do they each need a Taler wallet plugin and are these wallets
distinct? Another way of looking at it, if I use a GNU/Linux distro
would I install a single wallet package, which all my browsers (and
possible other applications) could access?

Regards,
David