Re: [Taler] Synchronization and backup

From: Christian Grothoff
Subject: Re: [Taler] Synchronization and backup
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2018 18:36:13 +0100

On 02/16/2018 06:43 AM, Jeff Burdges wrote:
> We want to teach people that Taler acts like cash but with receipts.  We
> do not want thinking Taler is some magical account for which they can
> call customer service and get their money back after their phone gets
> stolen, complain about a merchant, etc.

This is obviously very true in terms of the mental model we want users
to keep.  Still, that doesn't mean we cannot support sync, but you may
be right in that we should not push the feature (as in, prompt users to
synchronize).  If the users have to "dig it out" to activate it (i.e.
read an article about it which explains the steps to take and where to
find it in the menu), they are (hopefully) also much less likely to be
confused about it.