Re: [Taler] sync transitivity

From: David '-1' Schmid
Subject: Re: [Taler] sync transitivity
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2018 09:15:51 +0100

Hi Jeff!

On 2018-02-28T00:54:59, Jeff Burdges wrote:
> If you view linking as sharing a single backup account then you could
> either throw an error, or else prompt to figure out if one or both of
> the a or d go away.
Would that be leaking information? Seems to me it would.

> Alternatively, all wallets might posses their own independent backup
> accounts, to which they can backup even before configured to do so, and
> linking would merely be giving another wallet read and maybe notify
> access.  It's slightly harder to protect metadata here, but not too bad
> if the read access is symmetric, but that's similarly hard.
I favor this approach as I think, it would be more general.

I'm thinking as follows:
At my university, we have different wallets for e.g. canteen and
parking. I think that I'd not need my parking wallet on my notebook, nor
my home desktop, but maybe on my PC at work.
Having them completely seperated would be fine with me; they might even
have different "currencies" for their various purposes.
In fact, it works like that, where I study :D

> The design space keeps expanding...
You all might want look at Syncthing's [1] sharing model; I quite like
it and it works for me :D

regards,
-1