Re: [Taler] Interested in contributing

From: Christian Grothoff
Subject: Re: [Taler] Interested in contributing
Date: Tue, 29 May 2018 21:55:48 +0200

Dear Adit,

A good first step is probably to try to use our documentation to compile
and install either:

* the merchant backend and a merchant frontend (you can use them against
  the demo.exchange.taler.net) if you are looking to hack in the
  integration with merchants;
* the Taler wallet (if you want to help with the browser integration,
  make the wallet look nicer or add new functions, like better analysis
  of transaction history, etc.)

Once you've been able to download (from Git), compile, install and run
things, we have a bug tracker with open issues at
https://gnunet.org/bugs/ (select "Taler" in the top left).  If you do
run into trouble trying to install things, you should ask here and we
_ought_ to use your feedback to identify where we need to improve the
documentation (so do always tell which documentation you are following).

Happy hacking!

Christian