[Taler] your opinion on article: The cashless society is a con – and big

From: RIEMANN Robert
Subject: [Taler] your opinion on article: The cashless society is a con – and big finance is behind it | Brett Scott | Opinion | The Guardian
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2018 10:01:45 +0000

Dear Taler Team, dear Jeff and Christian,

we have met at the CCC and I am following from distance your project. Data Protection Authorities have these days a closer look on blockchain to assess privacy implications.

The following Guardian article from last week reminded me again on a potential alternative to Bitcoin.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/jul/19/cashless-society-con-big-finance-banks-closing-atms

If you can spare some minutes, I would be interesting in your opinion on how GNU Taler may contribute to the problem of tracking due to today's electronic payment schemes. Isn't the problem much more the centralisation inherent in our infrastructure and much less the fact that payment is paper-less (cashless)?

Kind regards,

Robert

 cid:image001.png@01D2BF79.52A9BF50

Robert RIEMANN, Ph.D.