Re: [Taler] Codeless Payment

From: Christian Grothoff
Subject: Re: [Taler] Codeless Payment
Date: Sat, 28 Jul 2018 20:51:23 +0200

On 07/28/2018 07:06 PM, Hartmut Goebel wrote:
> Am 28.07.2018 um 17:15 schrieb Christian Grothoff:
>> Also the page lacks any explanation as to what its goals are or why
>> people should submit information.
> More important; It lacks any privacy statement (as required by the EU-GDPR).

Actually, it's a _demo_, so once that purpose is made clear(er), that
should be OK (as no 'real' data should be entered in the first place).

For the 'product' site, IMO either this is still something a merchant
sets up for themselves, so it is their _own_ server collecting data for
their own organization (in which case a privacy statement is a bit
silly), or if it is a payment-as-a-service site, then that site would
have to provide a privacy statement with its TOS, but that's not
something I think the reference implementation needs to do.

So for the demo site I think making it clear(er) why the data is
collected and that this is just a demo and that garbage data will be
fine should suffice.