Re: [Taler] GSOC 2020 - GNU applied as a mentoring organization

From: Christian Grothoff
Subject: Re: [Taler] GSOC 2020 - GNU applied as a mentoring organization
Date: Sat, 8 Feb 2020 11:03:00 +0100

Hi M-San,

Our plan is to add support for Taler and this kind of payment into pEp
(see https://pep.foundation/).  However, given that this only makes
sense once pEp itself is reasonably available *and* Taler is operational
(i.e. bank integration done, regulatory approval, etc.), I'm not sure
that coding on this makes sense today.

However, writing a *good* (RFC-style) specification (how the payment
information is attached to the e-mail, encoded, processed, and how both
sides know that the other supports payments, or requires a payment
(anti-spam case)) would be a good starting point.

So that's not exactly GSoC, but would be a welcome contribution
(I'm sure for both pEp and Taler).

Happy hacking!

Christian