[Taler] GNUnet Hacker Meeting ~15-19.6.2020

From: Christian Grothoff
Subject: [Taler] GNUnet Hacker Meeting ~15-19.6.2020
Date: Wed, 4 Mar 2020 13:05:24 +0100

Dear all,

As discussed in the Jour Fixe Mumble yesterday, we will have a GNUnet
Hacker Meeting from 15-19 of June 2020 at Petit Vivy Castle
(http://www.swisscastles.ch/Fribourg/petitvivyd.html) near Fribourg,
Switzerland. GPS coordinates: 46.866131,7.172174. Getting there with
public transit involves a bit of a hike. If you need assistance, please
let me know.

While there is no real agenda yet, I am pretty sure we will work on TNG,
bugfixing, and the Taler-Reclaim integration project (DISSENS). You
should also bring swim clothes: it will likely be hot and we are right
at a lake. I have no data on the prevalence of mosquitos (all the
insects died, right?), but you might want to be prepared to take
measures to control your blood donation activity.

With regards to expenses for the GNUnet hacker meeting, we will as usual
have to pay (and prepare) our own food. If some of you come by car from
abroad I will try to reduce costs by trying to coordinate the
acquisition of cheap(er) imports.

If you plan to attend, please send me an e-mail with the expected dates.
Please indicate if you are coming by car, and if you would want to put
up a tent (I doubt we _need_ people in tents, but then again, maybe we
are growing beyond my expectations...).

Now, before you reserve _those_ dates, please also check out
https://cosin.ch/, which happens 12-14.6. in Biel (~1h by train from
Petit Vivey Castle) and might thus be a nice event to also head towards
while you are in Switzerland. If you intend to attend COSIN, please do
follow the procedures at https://cosin.ch/ as I am not involved with
organizing COSIN. They might even like some more talks...

Finally, if anyone is available to help me promote/demonstrate GNU Taler
in Bern 10&11.6., they should contact me privately.

Happy hacking!

Christian