[Taler] Project Proposal

From: Lakshay Sahni
Subject: [Taler] Project Proposal
Date: Sun, 22 Mar 2020 14:07:11 +0000

I am Lakshay Sahni, a sophomore studying Electrical and Computer Engineering with a minor in Mathematics at University Of Washington, Seattle.

I am writing this email to you in regards with an internship opportunity in the field of Computer Science at Microsoft.

Through my academic career at the University of Washington, I have explored and mastered several courses in the field of Data Base Management, Web Development, Data Structures and Algorithms, Continuous Time Linear Systems, and Digital Circuits and Systems.  Moreover, I have participated in numerous activities outside of the classroom. I am currently a Research Assistant with the Computer Science department of my University. My research is led by one of the most notable researchers in Seattle, Dr. Shima Abadi. Under her guidance and tutelage, I have had the opportunity to design an algorithm using deep learning to detect whale calls in a spectrogram.

I am planning to apply for google summer of code and one of your projects - Integrate GNU Taler payments with the Pretix ticketing system

really attracted me. I would be really glad if you could provide me more information about the project and the mentors so that I can come up with a good project proposal.

Sincerely

Lakshay Sahni