[Taler] BBS+ blind signatures relevant?

From: Schanzenbach, Martin
Subject: [Taler] BBS+ blind signatures relevant?
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2021 10:27:23 +0000

Hi,

in our DISSENS project [1] we investigated BBS+ signatures on BLS12-381 as a
state of the art method for privacy credentials (specifically selective
disclosure).
We therefore built a C/C++ implementation for such a scheme.
For some time now there has been an effort to standardise the signatures [2]
and maybe this is relevant to Taler as well?
I know that you are looking into blind Schnorr signatures, which are likely to
be more efficient than BBS+ as those are pairing-based.
I also do not know if BBS+ signatures can actually be used in the way Taler
needs blind signatures.

Anyway, may be worth checking out; I am following the standardisation efforts
in case we want to follow the standards for our library and, eventually,
reclaimID.

BR
Martin

[1] https://gnunet.org/en/news/2021-05-DISSENS.html