[Taler] Exploring with taler

From: Alex Sanchez
Subject: [Taler] Exploring with taler
Date: Sat, 30 Oct 2021 16:14:15 -0500

Hello friends,

My name is Alex, I watched your presentation from SHA2017 on youtube. 1,000 000 KUDOS for your great presentation.

My understanding of Taler is that you want to provide a mechanism to protect the buyer's identity from the merchants but also provide a way to let governments to watch the market activity and maybe collect taxes and so on. And all of that without the hassle of blockchain.

I'm gathering things I need to build a solution for a local fair, within the solution users can buy credit using local bank services in order to pay for entrance, goods or services inside the fair event.

After seeing your presentation and using the actual demo from demo.taler.net I think this sistem could be very useful from my point of view.
For example, a fair attendant can buy credit using a local bank service but using our app, later taler can handle all transactions between clients and merchants for: tickets, foods and attractions, all of that only during the fair days.

I'm Part of a group of local software developers from Chirquí, Panamá. We are entrepreneurs using software to solve old or traditional problems in our country. Here is the fair in case you want to come next year. CHC6+7M David

I think an implementation of taler in such way could be possible, but I would like to hear your thoughts and if this could be possible.

I appreciate your time and I would like to hear more about taler in the future.

--
 alexSanchez();