Re: [Taler] Questions re: Taler Project

From: Jordan Howlett
Subject: Re: [Taler] Questions re: Taler Project
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2022 19:50:27 -0400

Thanks Christian, that's really exciting to hear! And makes sense - I would just be using this internally for some fun but that's definitely something to keep in mind.

On Mon, Apr 11, 2022 at 2:39 AM Christian Grothoff <grothoff@gnunet.org> wrote:
On 4/10/22 16:44, Jordan Howlett wrote:
> Process:
> * User is using some *trusted* application that lets them buy things.
> User enters their credit card in the application
> * Application uses Stripe (or some service) to charge their credit card
> * Application then issues "tokens" to the user using Talers blind
> signature system
> * User then spends these tokens at the Merchant (or another user in w-t-w)
> * Merchant (perhaps when balance reaches a certain threshold) can go to
> the Application and request a payout
> * Application then accepts the tokens and can use Stripe again to send
> money to the merchant.
> * Step 3: Profit (minus Stripes fees)

You can do this (if you write the Stripe integration). With libeufin, we
have done this for EBICS. But to run it legally, you still need a
payment service provider or banking license, which is the big
problematic step.