Re: [Tinycc-devel] Segfault due to ebaa5c8 dynamic executables (PIE)

From: grischka
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] Segfault due to ebaa5c8 dynamic executables (PIE)
Date: Sun, 7 Aug 2022 22:26:35 +0200

On 06.08.2022 21:35, Arthur Williams via Tinycc-devel wrote:
Was trying to compile X and noticed that it failed building hw/xfree86/

Turns out tcc was segfaulting by trying to deference a null address.
Bisected mob to conclude that this regression was introduced by
`ebaa5c8 dynamic executables (PIE)`.

Also built tcc with its backtracing support and re-ran to get the
following output:
```
7f282ff1293c : by ???
tccelf.c:311: by section_ptr_add
tccdbg.c:453: by put_stabs
tccdbg.c:477: by put_stabn
```

"tcc -E -g ..." I'd think almost.

And putting that all together, `section_ptr_add` received a null `Section`
which implies `stab_section` is null. Double-checked this conclusion by
adding an assert.
Not too familiar with this part of the code so thought I'd just share my
observations.

Arthur