Re: [Tinycc-devel] __attribute__((constructor)) not getting called

From: Steffen Nurpmeso
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] __attribute__((constructor)) not getting called
Date: Sat, 01 Oct 2022 17:39:00 +0200

Liam Wilson wrote in
 <CAO5MFrouT56VLH68eoxJfUPi-60ByDA1bhFPnGrWziEdqQ1Nng@mail.gmail.com>:
 |I've been attempting to build nodejs Node-API addons using the tiny c
 |compiler. When doing this I noticed that the addons were failing to
 |self register on load in nodejs as the constructors were failing to
 |run. gcc worked fine, but tcc failed. Node-API addons use
 |__attribute__((constructor)) in order to register themselves on load.

Spoiler attack: i consider this a feature.
I never used static constructors in C++, and i hated Stroustrup's
"injection" idea.  (There was a short time when i used it, but it
is sick.)  Anyhow on first-time-init-switches ... when i create
a framework that uses dynamic modules, why can't i define
a special symbol that is called when it is defined upon load?  Like
__nodejs_init() or something?  We surely do not want to create too
many specifics, it is just a loose thing, maybe.  Hm.

--steffen