Re: [Traverso-devel] traverso 0.41.0-rc

From: Nicola Döbelin
Subject: Re: [Traverso-devel] traverso 0.41.0-rc
Date: Wed, 04 Jul 2007 08:58:42 +0200

> Regarding sox:  should I build it with LAME support?
> I recall that there are some patent issues with lame.  Darn patents...
>
> There's also flac and mad.  I'm guessing that mad is in the same
> situation as lame, while flac is probably freely distributable.

I just compiled it with './configure' and 'make' because I thought adding
support for mp3, flac, mad (and ogg?) would make the dependencies of the bundle
rather complex (or more complex than it already is). But if you succeed, please
let me know, maybe I'll try it too.

As to the binary installer: The disk image has 52 downloads on the Traverso
website, whereas the binary installer has 9. It seems people prefer disk
images...

I have the source code of the LV2 plugins at home (now I'm at work). I'll send
it to you this evening (that is in about 10 hours from now ;-) ).

Cheers
Nic