[Traverso-devel] Re: My recent audio file changes

From: ben levitt
Subject: [Traverso-devel] Re: My recent audio file changes
Date: Sun, 8 Jul 2007 20:51:10 -0700

Okay, mp3 decoding seems to be pretty usable now.

A few oddities that I still need to track down:

- When in microview, moving the clip makes the waveform jump every
now and then (drag slowly for a few hundred pixels, and watch for it
to jump forward about 30px, and then back.)

- There seems to be a bit of silence added at the beginning of the
clip.  (Take a wav file and use lame to convert to mp3, then open both
files in 2 tracks, and line them up.  The mp3 file is slightly longer
because it begins with a bit (~.1sec) of extra silence.)  Hmmm... I
guess I'm not sure if this is an issue with my code, a libmad decoding
issue or a lame encoding issue... :P

Ben