Re: [Traverso-devel] Re: My recent audio file changes

From: ben levitt
Subject: Re: [Traverso-devel] Re: My recent audio file changes
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2007 00:56:32 -0700

I just added flac decoding support through libflac++.

Also, the locking in AbstractAudioReader::read_from() seems to work
well.  But I think it's still a good idea to give Peak it's own
ReadSource to avoid extra seeking when zoomed into micro mode.

Also, the silence at the beginning of mp3s is indeed from the lame
encoder, and has nothing to do with traverso.  :)  Yay!  (But that
does seem like a bug in lame...  it seems that when encoding a file,
you should preserve its length and the position of audio events...Oh
well.)

Known remaining issues:
==================
- mp3 peaks are slightly off position from audio and micro-view waveform

- resampling needs a lot of work still, although it does basically
work if you follow my directions from before...

- dynamically resampled flac files crash at the end of the file.
probably a bug in FlacAudioReader::read()...

- performance needs a lot of improvement!  (Can probably be cut
almost in half by processing audio once per file instead of once per
channel...)

- no aac decoder yet.  :)

Ben