Re: [Traverso-devel] FLAC version

From: Remon
Subject: Re: [Traverso-devel] FLAC version
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2007 13:47:21 +0200

Hi Nicola,

> Hi everyone,
>
> I found a problem with FLAC encoding. Obviously a function which was
> removed in flac versions > 1.1.2 is used:
>
> encode/FlacAudioWriter.cpp:185: error:
> 'FLAC__seekable_stream_encoder_process_interleaved' was not declared
> in this scope
>
> Since the next generation of distributions will ship with newer flac
> versions (Ubuntu Gutsy: flac-1.1.4, OpenSuse 10.3: flac-1.2.0),
> traverso won't compile. I checked with 1.1.4 and 1.2.1, and neither
> of them will work.

Hmyeah, the flac code checks for version 6, and 1.2.1 is at version 8. I
assume  1.1.2 - 1.1.3 is at version 7 then ?

The question is what version are we gonna support ?

It's Ben's expertise though, so I'll leave the decision to him :D

Since Traverso is relatively bleeding edge anyways, I would suggest to only
support the newest flac versions (to reduce code maintenance), and add a
statically compiled flac library with the installers.

> And while we're at it, can someone help me with a problem I have on
> OS X? The linker fails to link libvorbis  (or libogg?):
>
> /usr/bin/ld: Undefined symbols:
> _ogg_stream_clear
> _ogg_stream_flush
> _ogg_stream_init
> _ogg_stream_packetin
> _ogg_stream_pageout
> _vorbis_analysis
> _vorbis_analysis_blockout
> _vorbis_analysis_buffer
> _vorbis_analysis_headerout
> _vorbis_analysis_init
> _vorbis_analysis_wrote
> _vorbis_bitrate_addblock
> _vorbis_bitrate_flushpacket
> _vorbis_block_clear
> _vorbis_block_init
> _vorbis_comment_add_tag
> _vorbis_comment_clear
> _vorbis_comment_init
> _vorbis_dsp_clear
> _vorbis_info_clear
> _vorbis_info_init
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
>
> It tries to link to -lvorbisfile and -lvorbisenc, and the
> traverso.pro file looks good to me, too. I have no idea what's wrong.

Me neither, sorry!

Thanks for testing the cvs development!

Greetings,