Re: [Traverso-devel] Problem reading wave files

From: Remon
Subject: Re: [Traverso-devel] Problem reading wave files
Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2007 21:38:03 +0200

> Hi list,

Hello Nicola :)

> since a few days I'm not able to import any wave files into the CVS
> version. I removed the project dir to start from scratch, traverso compiles
> fine, and I run ldconfig before starting it (just in case...). When I try
> to import a wave file (44100/16, stereo), I get the following output on the
> console:
>

> WARNING: Information::warning ResourcesManager::  Konnte
> Lese-Quelle /home/nic/multimedia/schiller_verbrecher.wav nicht
> initialisieren WARNING: ResourcesManager::get_readsource(): ReadSource with
> id 0 is not in my database!

Keine ahnung wat is going on there, it works "just fine (TM)" here.

> Am I the only one having this problem? I'm running Kubuntu Feisty (i386).

Aren't you using a custom compiled version of libsoundfile ?
But then still, if it worked before, why doesn't it work anymore....
Could be the phase of the moon :P

I'll look into the error reporting routines to make them more verbose, just
a 'it didn't work out nanananananaaaa' isn't very helpfull hehe.

Greetings,