Re: [Traverso-devel] multichannel output

From: Jonatan Liljedahl
Subject: Re: [Traverso-devel] multichannel output
Date: Mon, 08 Oct 2007 23:05:09 +0200

Remon wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Basic support is now in cvs, if you can get cvs compiled you can have a look
> at it.

Ok! I'll try it out as soon as I'm back home at my real machine.

> Note that cvs still has a number of bugs, many of those I'm aware off :)
> The playback bus doesn't honor the left/right setting currently.
>
> Some screenshots (just in case you can't compile cvs):
> http://traverso-daw.org/screenies/screen52.png
> http://traverso-daw.org/screenies/screen53.png
>
> Note in the first screenshot that Track 1 uses Master Out and Track 2 uses
> Playback 1 directly.
> (hence the difference in the VU Meter levels, the Sheet has set it's gain
> (which is applied to the Master Out Bus) to - 18 dB)

So, Master Out is the same as Playback 1 except it goes through the
Sheet gain? In that case, I think you should skip Master Out and have
only Playback 1,2,3,etc and either put one sheet gain controller for
each bus, and/or apply the single Sheet Gain to all busses.

--
/Jonatan - http://kymatica.com