Re: [Traverso-devel] WavPack Encoding Prefs

From: Remon
Subject: Re: [Traverso-devel] WavPack Encoding Prefs
Date: Sat, 13 Oct 2007 21:40:24 +0200

Ben,

If I remember correctly the Setting Dialog has not the layout changes you
proposed ? (Moving readbuffer size to Performance page, and using a new page
for setting audio related settings)

And now we are at it, the audio settings page shows the options for recording
audio format, and resample options.

We can add all the available audio formats for recording, although we did
agree that by default recording to (compressed) float is the better option.

But I can imagine that e.g. recording to high quality ogg vorbis to record
whatever that takes very long and doesn't need high sound quality could
please a number of users ?
We could e.g. show a warning message when a recording is done in ogg format to
notify users that they record in a format that has quality loss and could
potentially clip sound ?

Just an idea  :)