[Traverso-devel] Drag Clip + Zoom

From: Remon
Subject: [Traverso-devel] Drag Clip + Zoom
Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2008 19:24:49 +0100

> BTW, what about this one:
>
> [ D ] + <Z>LR ?
>
> As in, move clip, press the Z key, at which point the clip no longer is
> moved when moving the mouse LR, but the horizontal zoom factor is adjusted?
> Just a fancy feature, to mask the fact that a Copy to clipboard, past from
> clipboard is not there yet :)

I gave it a shot, it's not working 100%, but one can get an idea how it would
work like. Note that the 'modifier keys' still work when you toggle the drag
clip command to 'Zoom mode', so you can zoom out, use arrow keys, or keys
left/right of D to move the clip to next/prev snap pos.

Hope you like it :D

Remon

P.S.
For the curious amongst you, when hitting Z during [ D ] or [
leftmousebutton], the MoveClip::jog() calls which are called at mouse move
events are forwarded to the Zoom object created by MoveClip, the clip
positioning and cursor positioning needs to be tweaked when the zoom action
finishes, which is the 'difficult' part. The patch itself is only a couple of
lines of code, since we're re-using the Zoom command class :D