Re: [Traverso-devel] CD Cover

From: Remon
Subject: Re: [Traverso-devel] CD Cover
Date: Sat, 9 Feb 2008 17:24:12 +0100

> > And since we do have all the information needed, I thought it might make
> > sense to render the html with an added background to a pixmap, and send
> > that to QPrinter :)
>
> I like the idea, and I actually thought about it when I added the html
> export. But as Ben mentioned, I wouldn't try to add a full featured cover
> designer, users would only bitch and moan about missing features.

The one thing I hate with a passion is Cd Cover _designers_, so that's
certainly not the idea :)

> The stuff
> with the CSS template sounds cool, though.

Reason why I came up with this is that Qt 4.4 includes a full featured html
rendering engine (WebKit), so what changes from the current 'export cd track
list to html' is adding stylesheet elements to the html part, and loading it
into a QWebKitWidget :)

> > Sure, if I didn't have wasted 2 hours today to print that #&(address@hidden
> > cover
> > from within the Gimp hehe.
>
> I prefer Inkscape or OpenOffice Draw.

Sure, one even can use that to create the 'artistic part' of the cover, and
load that as the background in Traverso, and voila, your full featured cd
cover is ready and printed....

> I agree that the Marker dialog is broken. But when you choose another
> solution,

No other solution, instead it's just making things work in the generalized
way: < E > means edit the parameters of the underlying object, which works
now for Track, AudioClip, TimeLine, so Marker will be the next one :)
BTW, I love the way the Marker Dialog works, setting Marker descriptions is
very fast, due the 'hit enter == next marker'.

> please keep in mind that the CD text (per track) is usually added
> when the CD is more or less finished. That's why I added the dialog, I
> wanted to have a central place to edit the CD text and a simple way to copy
> the "Performer" and "Composer" fields etc. to all tracks.

Yes, it's just that I need to know more about the Qt's model/view stuff.
Perhaps I should buy the Qt 4 programming book.

> Btw. I think markers should snap to snap positions, too (or do they
> already?).

Good idea, afaik they don't do so.

Just a general note to everyone: please as soon as you find some missing
feature, paste it in the bugtracker!
To not forget these cool additions, I'm pasting it all in my TODO list, which
has become tremendously long now.... Not a nice way of managing
bugs/wishes :)