Re: [Traverso-devel] news

From: Reinhard Amersberger
Subject: Re: [Traverso-devel] news
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2008 19:00:18 +0100

yep, this seems a good solution imho.

> > ok, sounds reasonable ...
> > btw - is it possible to add plugins to a clip?
>
> Technically yes, but the GUI needs to be updated. There are some ideas
> floating around how we can best handle the visualization for audio/track
> plugins.

> > > Hmyeah, I figured that it's a little bit overkill, and moved to [ E ]
> > > only, but if you think they still serve a good purpose, then I can sure
> > > re-add these :)
> >
> > yeah, personally I would like to have since I don't like the actual
> > behaviour that the clip edge jumps directly to the cursor position when
> > doing [ E ] although I actually wanted to adapt it JUST A BIT...
>
> ah, but these actions would not change that!! I mean, if [ E ] would not let
> the edge jump to the mouse cursor, then it would be OK too, right ?

for me yes, but in some situations it's also a really handy feature if the edge
jumps to the cursor position. So best would be to have both ;)

> > > I'm not sure if it adds any value to add [ Z ] + <up/dow arrow> ?
> > > If it does, can you please explain what you have in mind?
> >
> > e.g.
> > zoom in vertical == [ Z ]  <up arrow>
> > zoom out vertical == [ Z ]  <down arrow>
>
> Your right hand holds the mouse most of the time, so lifting it up to use the
> arrow keys is slower then using the scroll wheel?

:) personally I just don't like the scroll wheel ;)

> But sure, it would be a matter of copy pasting the keymap definition for this
> one, replacing mousewheel with up/downarrow :)
>
> > zoom in horizontal ==  [ Z ]  <right arrow>
> > zoom out horizontal ==  [ Z ]  <left arrow>
> > zoom full in horizontal == [ Z ] <<left/right arrow>>
> > zoom full out vertical == [ Z ]  <up/down arrow>
> > zoom to fit screen == [ Z ] < 0 > or [ Z 0 ]
> > revert zoom to last used zoom factor == << Z >>
>
> Yes, they can be added, now that arbitrary zoom levels are possible, though
> it's still not finished yet :(
> On the other hand, the right hand lifting and moving aspect comes to mind
> here
> as well. Why not add them to the 'context menu' of Zoom? So it becomes [ Z ]
> + <right mouse button>, select option, done.
> Me thinks, that's faster :)

hhmm, you  can give it a try, but I still vote for the arrows... ;)

greetings
reinhard