Re: [Traverso-devel] AudioClip Grouping, how to deal with them

From: reinhard
Subject: Re: [Traverso-devel] AudioClip Grouping, how to deal with them
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2008 12:26:40 +0100

> > Do you guys agree with the proposed behavior and key actions?
>
> Generally yes, but I see some potential for confusion in multitrack
> projects. E.g. when you do [S] + <F>, but the next clip is on another track
> somewhere off-screen. If you zoomed to tracks 1-8, but you select clips on
> tracks 9-24 without noticing, you may cause a horrible mess.

yep, good point!
But the user should also be aware of the fact that there are very powerfull
actions concerning groups/hard-selections!

btw - two other actions needed, respectively a small change of the concept
IMO.

< S >                   : Do hard-select pointed Clip. When hard-selecting
another clip the
other/initially selected clip will be de-selected, so no need to explicitly
de-select a clip.
<< S D >>               : Add pointed Clip to hard-selection.
<< S A >>               : Remove pointed Clip from hard-selection.
[ S D ]                 : Start a jog-create to add more clips to
hard-selection.
[ S A ]                 : Start a jog-create to remove some clips from
hard-selection.

Another btw ;)
What about hard-selecting tracks?

greetings