Re: [Traverso-devel] AudioClip Grouping, how to deal with them

From: reinhard
Subject: Re: [Traverso-devel] AudioClip Grouping, how to deal with them
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2008 12:38:22 +0100

On Tuesday 19 February 2008 11:20:56 Remon wrote:
> Hi Reinhard,
>
> > hhmmm ... maybe we better should use the term "hard-selection" instead of
> > "groups", since the soft-selection works implicitly and the
> > hard-selection works explicitly, but temporary, right? "groups" might be
> > a different behaviour as described by Nicola, where it should be possible
> > to group and un-group a hard-selection...
>
> The whole idea of 'selecting' objects is to dispatch actions to all of the
> members of the selection. So if you prefer to the name Selection (all
> selected clips) over Group (all clips in the selection), sure. It's just a
> name.

well, I  really thought this are two different behaviours...
1. creating a temporary hard-selection.
2. assign this hard-selection to be a permanent group that could be named,
recalled, freezed*, whatever...

*freezed == doing something like a hidden mixdown of this group to save
computing power. Sometimes needed when lots of effects are applied that slow
down the machine.

greetings
reinhard