[Traverso-devel] Getting a new release ready

From: Remon Sijrier
Subject: [Traverso-devel] Getting a new release ready
Date: Thu, 1 Jan 2009 16:27:02 +0100

Hi all (and specially to the devs)

There are a number of nice and cool features in cvs, thanks mostly to Nicola
and Ben.
Although not much, I've been working on a number of features too, which I'm
trying to polish and finish so that at least this year we'll have a new and
shiny release of Traverso :)

If there are any particular features you worked on that need
testing/debugging/polishing please do so, and update the Changelog with the
new features you added.

What I'm working on now is getting the basic AudioClip Selection feature to
work solidly.
For that I'd like to know if you guys think if it makes sense to make Clip
Selection un/redoable. That is if you select a clip or multiple ones, you can
makes sense, and it currently is broken (i.e. in combination with
copy-clip(s) it generates 'ghost' clipsviews at times)

There is a problem with the painting of the canvas, a regression introduced
with Qt 4.4.x, Qt 4.3.x works fine afaics, please let me know how and if it
works for you, and which Qt version you have.

A port of the coreaudio driver is in the works, if you really want to see that
work finished, please let me know, would be a nice addition imo!

I tried to ready the CMake build files to cross compile traverso for windows,
but that failed (compilation went fine, but the link step can't find the
libraries).
If any of you knows how to deal with cross compilation and letting the linker
know which libs to link too, would be great!
(In other words, how to setup the environment for cross compilation)

Well, that's it for now I think, have a nice day!