[Traverso-devel] [Bug] Plugin buffer not cleared correctly

From: Martin Herren
Subject: [Traverso-devel] [Bug] Plugin buffer not cleared correctly
Date: Sun, 12 Dec 2010 21:32:19 +0100

Hi all !

I noticed there is some 'buffer' used by the plugins (probably inside
them) that is not cleared/preloaded as it should.

When jumping at the beginning of a sheet from somewhere in the middle
of a song and if there is a track having a effect plugin on it (like
reverb for example), when starting playing we can hear a bit of reverb
even if the track has no audio at this place. There is somewhere a
buffer still having audio data from before. This also happen when
exporting audio and is particularly annoying in this case :-S

An easy (but not accurate) fix would be to clear this buffer whenever
the playhead is moved. A better approach would be to preload it with
what is before the playhead (which can be nothing on the start of the
song).

I guess this affects all plugin having some 'memory' like reverb, but
also compressors with attack/release setting.

Again git current.

Cheers,

/Martin

PS: I played with some plugins, but couldn't find any way to edit
their settings. Nor in a static way nor in a dynamic way using curve
points.

--
http://www.sandsoftime.ch