Re: [Traverso-devel] Crash in current git code

From: Remon Sijrier
Subject: Re: [Traverso-devel] Crash in current git code
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2011 10:00:36 +0200

Hi Ben,

> But I did noticed a crash whenever I hover the mouse over the TimeLineView.

> Here's my backtrace.  I'm on a mac, running Qt 4.7, and portaudio.  It
> looks like, in TimeLineView::mouse_hover_move_event(),
> cpointer().scene_pos() is failing because the cpointer's m_port value
> is NULL.  I don't remember where that is supposed to be set...

I cleaned up the cpointer viewport (m_port) code a bit, and related code
routines, and now check for a valid m_port pointer, so it shouldn't crash
anymore.

Curious that it crashed for you hmm, could be a bug in Qt 4.7  + mac, or
something odd hapening in T.
Anyway, the mouse tracking code has been simplified a lot now, due the cursor
on the canvas is purely managed by software now (the cursor on the canvas is
just a canvasitem like all the others)

If the problem is still there (not a valid m_port pointer in
cpointer::scene_pos()) then it prints a debug message.

Greetings, Remon