www-de-general

[web-translators-de] Fw: address@hidden: Translation of title http://www

From: Richard Steuer
Subject: [web-translators-de] Fw: address@hidden: Translation of title http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/not-ipr.de.html]
Date: Sat, 29 Sep 2007 18:35:51 +0200

Ich hab das gleich geändert.

Gruß,
Richard

Begin forwarded message:

Date: Sat, 29 Sep 2007 16:08:09 +0200
From: Matthias Kirschner <address@hidden>
To: address@hidden
Subject: address@hidden: Translation of title
http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/not-ipr.de.html]

Can you please let this through?

Thanks,
Matze

--
Join the Fellowship and protect your freedom!      (http://www.fsfe.org)

--- Begin Message --- Subject: Translation of title http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/not-ipr.de.html Date: Sat, 29 Sep 2007 08:21:36 -0400

--- Begin Message --- Subject: Translation of title http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/not-ipr.de.html Date: Sat, 29 Sep 2007 11:15:10 +0200 User-agent: Mutt/1.5.13 (2006-08-11)
Hello German translators,

Bjoern and I had some discussions with Richard and your webmasters. We
would suggest to change the title of
http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/not-ipr.de.html from currently:

    "Meinten sie 'geistiges Eigentum'? Ein verführerisches Nichts"

    "Sagten Sie 'geistiges Eigentum'? Eine verführerische Illusion."

Rationale:

- If you translate the current German title "Meinten sie 'geistiges
  Eigentum'? Ein verführerisches Nichts" into English it reads:

    "Did you _mean_ "intellectual property"? A Seductive _Nothing_."

  We think "mean"/"meinten", is wrong here and the last sentence can be
  improved... see next item.

- We think "Illusion" is the best German word to say that people see
  something what doesn't exist in reality. And Richard said: [...] "I
  chose "mirage" for the last meaning.  According to folklore, at least,
  mirages often attract people lost in the desert, who think they have
  seen an oasis but only find more dry sand."

Thank you for your good work!

With best wishes,
Matze

--