xwem-devel

[XWEM]: Setting `(initial\|default)-frame-plist' bad for xwem

From: Steve Youngs
Subject: [XWEM]: Setting `(initial\|default)-frame-plist' bad for xwem
Date: Sun, 11 Apr 2004 13:57:32 +1000

Evgeny, remember me telling you that I was having a problem with
getting xwem to completely load if one of my init files was loaded
beforehand?   I finally tracked it down.

Having this would stop xwem from completely loading and cause an X
timeout error.

(setq initial-frame-plist '(top 10 left 10 width 98 height 41)
      default-frame-plist '(top 10 left 10 width 98 height 41))

To work around it, I changed it to...

(unless (getenv "XWEM_RUNNING")
  (setq initial-frame-plist '(top 10 left 10 width 98 height 41)
        default-frame-plist '(top 10 left 10 width 98 height 41)))

And in ~/.xinitrc I have...

#!/bin/bash
unset XWEM_RUNNING
export XWEM_RUNNING=notyet
exec xemacs
# EOF

In ~/.xemacs/init.el I have...

;; xwem
(when (string= "notyet" (getenv "XWEM_RUNNING"))
  (require 'xwem-load)
  (xwem-init)
  (setenv "XWEM_RUNNING" "yes"))

Having things set up this way allows me to have multiple separate
XEmacs sessions going in xwem.  And if I ever decide to use a
different WM all I have to do is comment out the last two lines of
~/.xinitrc and replace them with `exec <new-WM>'.  I'll get XEmacs
with no xwem and at the size I want.

--
|---<Steve Youngs>---------------<GnuPG KeyID: A94B3003>---|
|              Ashes to ashes, dust to dust.               |