xwem-devel

[XWEM]: Re: modificator's from documentation.

From: Steve Youngs
Subject: [XWEM]: Re: modificator's from documentation.
Date: Sat, 02 Oct 2004 16:47:09 +1000

* Andrey Slusar <address@hidden> writes:

  > Hi,
  > I am reading info xwem:

  > (xwem-kbd "H-C-2")

  > That is "H"-modificator?

'Hyper'.  You'll more than likely need to hack your ~/.xinitrc a bit
to get things going.  Here's mine...

,----
| ## Swap some modifier keys around and define a `Hyper' key.
| xmodmap -e "remove mod4 = Super_L"
| xmodmap -e "add mod3 = Super_L"
| xmodmap -e "add mod3 = Super_R"
| xmodmap -e "keycode 117 = Hyper_R"
| xmodmap -e "add mod4 = Hyper_R"
`----

I had to swap things around a bit because X.org has some of the
modifiers backwards compared to XFree86.  Oh, BTW, "keycode 117" is
the windoze "menu" key on my keyboard.  Use xev to find a key you want
to bind hyper to.

  > And i am needed worked sample xwem configs.
  > In google link http://youngs.au.com/~steve/xwemrc.el is not worked.

Ah, sorry about that.  I moved it with the intention of setting up all
of my XEmacs configs/hacks etc, but never got around to finishing the
job. :-(  One of these days.  Until then, here's a copy of my
~/.xwem/xwemrc.el...

---

---

Have fun!

--
|---<Steve Youngs>---------------<GnuPG KeyID: A94B3003>---|
|                   Te audire no possum.                   |