xwem-devel

[XWEM]: Re: xwem-ng -- My initial experiences

From: Steve Youngs
Subject: [XWEM]: Re: xwem-ng -- My initial experiences
Date: Sat, 27 Nov 2004 03:50:23 +1000

* Zajcev Evgeny <address@hidden> writes:

  > Steve Youngs <address@hidden> writes:
  >> Make that "any transient window will render xwem useless". :-(

  > Wait! xwem-transient does not work?  I checked it should, if not
  > please describe what happens?

OK, adding `(require 'xwem-transient)' to my xwemrc.el fixed the
problems I was having with non-XEmacs transients.

  > I checked xwem-transient with balloon stuff, no evil things as in old
  > xwem.

Well, for me, balloon-help sort of works.  The first time I do
something that should pop up a balloon it seems to work OK (except for
the 30 seconds I have to wait for the balloon frame to appear).  But
subsequent balloon-help activations do nothing.  No, that's not right,
they just don't display anything.  XEmacs gets busy and it "looks"
like it is trying to display the balloon window but nothing ever
appears.

I hope that explanation makes sense (at 3:45am that's the best I can
do).

  >> > But I'm having fun! :-)

  > Great!  Play with dedicated stuff i.e.  try

  >    (push '(dedicated nil (apllication "display")) xwem-manage-list)

  > and then run 'display myinmg.jpg'

Oh, this sounds cool...

...and it is!!

--
|---<Steve Youngs>---------------<GnuPG KeyID: A94B3003>---|
|                   Te audire no possum.                   |