Re: [Adonthell-general] PLAYING file

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-general] PLAYING file
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2002 19:58:15 +0100

> I thought it might be a good idea to have some basic instructions on how
> to play
> the game so I made a little text file with this info. If you like it we
> can use it. I guess the sensible place to have this is in the data
> package (although a copy on the website might be a good idea too). The
> READMEs in the code package should refer to it too if we use it
> methinks.

Yes, I do like it :).

But (there is always a 'but') I think the "Aim of the game" thing reveals too
much of the plot, espacially the bad surprise at the gates of the inn.

How about replacing the first part with the following:

As a loyal servant of the elven Lady Silverhair, you arrive at the remote
trading post of Waste's Edge, where she is engaged in negotiations with the
dwarish merchant Bjarn Fingolson. But not all is well at Waste's Edge, and
soon you are confronted with circumstances that are about to destroy your
mistress' high reputation. And only you can avert this.

Remember this game is a ...

What do you say?