[Adonthell-general] PLAYING file

From: cirrus
Subject: [Adonthell-general] PLAYING file
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2002 17:14:42 +0000

I thought it might be a good idea to have some basic instructions on how
to play
the game so I made a little text file with this info. If you like it we
can use it. I guess the sensible place to have this is in the data
package (although a copy on the website might be a good idea too). The
READMEs in the code package should refer to it too if we use it
methinks.

        -James
--
   ___    ___  ___       ___
  /    / /__/ /__/ /  / /__                 Reg. Linux User #148821

Dunno what you're supposed to do in "Adonthell - Waste's Edge"?
Well, you've come to the right place to find out!

Aim of the game
===============

You control the half-elf Banec (or whatever you decide to call him!). Your
employer Lady Silverhair is being accused of stealing gems from a Dwarf
named Bjarn Fingolson. It's up to you to prove that she is innocent (as a
loyal servant you are of course convinced this is the case!) and find out
who really did it.
Remember this game is a demo of what we can do so far. There is no fighting
or collecting items yet (this will appear in future releases) so you must
solve this quest by exploring the inn where everyone is staying and talking
to the people you meet.

The story is explained in more detail in the intro sequence so DON'T skip it
the first time you play :P

Controls
========

Arrow keys:             - Choosing options in the game menus
                        - Moving you chracter around the map
                        - Choosing responses during dialoges

Enter/Space keys:       - Selecting an option in the game menus
                        - Talking to a character (when you are facing them)
                        - Selecting a response during dialogues
                        - Examining items in and round the inn (only works
                          in some places!)

Page Up/Down:           - Scrolling up/down in dialogues

Esc                     - Skipping cutscenes (like the intro)
                        - Bringing up the game menu

(there are also one or two other 'cheat' controls - but we
never told you that! :P)

How to tell us what a great job we did
======================================

Seriously though, we'd like to hear what you think of Adonthell. Ideas and
(constructive) criticism are more than welcome. To make life easier for us
and to ensure that we read what you have to say we'd appreciate it if you'd
post your comments to one of the following places depending on what it is:

General Comments / Reviews      -       www.happypenguin.org/show?Adonthell

Ideas / Improvements            -   address@hidden

Technical Issues / Bugs         -       savannah.gnu.org/projects/adonthell

And for any player related chat ("how do I get into Bjarn's room?") or any
other stuff us developers don't necessarily have to see go to our
message board at:

http://www.3dforums.com/?action=forumpage&loc=49&forum_id=158

Cheers!
Enjoy Adonthell!