Re: [Adonthell-general] Website design

From: Alexandre Courbot
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-general] Website design
Date: 03 Mar 2002 14:31:18 +0100

> On 03 Mar 2002 13:06:47 +0100 Alexandre Courbot
> <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> > What if we use an absolute pathname? Like /website-data. It should
> > work everywhere, I think.
> >
> > Wanna me to try?
>
> Sure. It might work.

Just did it, it does work. I took advantage of this to put the copyright
message in an included file (website-data/copyright.shtml) so we can
update it more easily. I've also updated it, btw. It seems to me, that
the good habit to take is to use absolute path when we include files
(i.e for links that doesn't appear on client side). That way the visitor
can still archive the site on his drive if he wants - the html links are
still relative, as the absolutes ones are only in <include> directives.

Hopefully, it still works - I had a look at most of the pages, but I
can't test everything of course. If you notice anything unusual, it's
still time to revert anyway, thanks to CVS.

Have to say, that I find the website very well built. Even though we
maintain it by hand, it's still easy and convenient to update. Good work
guys.

Btw. Shouldn't index.shtml simply be a link to overview/index.shtml? Or
do we expect the two pages to differ soon?

Back to coding now! :)

Alex.
--
http://www.gnurou.org