Re: [Adonthell-general] Website design

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-general] Website design
Date: Sun, 3 Mar 2002 18:43:13 +0100

On 03 Mar 2002 18:16:48 +0100 Alexandre Courbot
<address@hidden> wrote:

> > > Btw. Shouldn't index.shtml simply be a link to
> > > overview/index.shtml? Or do we expect the two pages to differ
> > > soon?
> >
> > Nah, they shouldn't differ, so we could link them instead of keeping
> > two seperate versions.
>
> Will a symbolic link make it? Can CVS handle them? We could use a
> redirect too, but that's less nice...

Symbolic links wouldn't work in CVS, but we can still use them on the
webserver. It's not too bad if one symlink is missing in the CVS, I
think.

A redirect OTOH isn't very nice, and doesn't work automatically with all
browsers. So the symlink seems to be the better alternative.