Re: [Adonthell-general] Savannah's statistics

From: Alexandre Courbot
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-general] Savannah's statistics
Date: 16 Mar 2002 13:20:12 +0100

> > Look at the top 10 URLs by Kb, Waste's Edge would be 13% of Savannah's
> > traffic with more than 2Gigs since the beginning of the month?? :) And
> > by far, the biggest bandwith eater!
>
> You sure that is correct? I mean 325 * 10 MB != 2 GB in my
> understanding.

Uh. Don't try to fool me with your complex maths! :)

What you said is right indeed, but there are really 325 hits on the
stats page. Maybe some people (quite a lot, in this case) aborded
downloading when they saw they needed to dl 10 megs.

> > Disappointing however, is the fact that only 325 hits to Waste's Edge
> > has been recorded. Which would means that only a few people who
> > download the sources actually downloads the game too.
>
> Yeah, but only in March. And if you look at the referrers, there were
> 720 total hits, so that would mean that practically everyone who
> downloaded the engine has downloaded wastesedge as well. (And there's
> also the wastesedge.deb, which isn't accounted for).

Right. That's still weird, as the counter reports much much than 360
downloads since March.

> Of course, 10000 hits to wastesedge would be much nicer. Although, by
> Savannah's method of calculating traffic, that would probably make a few
> terabytes, then ;).

...guess we shouldn't trust this page too much ;)

Alex.
--
http://www.gnurou.org